You can apply for study support if you have a permanent disability that affects your studies. Submit your application online using the NAIS system. The system protects your personal details.
When do I need to apply for study support?
Ideally, you should apply as soon as you have been accepted onto a course or programme.
If you need more comprehensive support, such as a sign language interpreter, it is important that you get in touch as soon as possible. Email email@example.com at the same time as you apply for a course or programme at SLU.
Some students manage without support, despite their disability – but they may encounter difficulties. Other students may not receive a diagnosis until they have reached a later stage in their studies. You can apply for study support in NAIS at any time during studies.
The support is granted for a set period linked to a specific course or programme. NAIS will send out an email one month before your study support will end, notifying you to contact the coordinator if you need an extension. Once you receive a decision that your support period has ended, it cannot be extended. However, you can always re-apply through the NAIS system.
How do I apply for support?
Follow these steps to apply for support in NAIS:
- Log in to NAIS: NAIS (uhr.se).
- Read the text about personal data.
- Attach a certificate proving your disability.
- The certificate must be in Swedish or English.
- It must contain your name and personal identity number.
- The certificate must be dated, issued and signed by a specialist, such as a doctor, psychologist, speech-language pathologist or audiologist.
- It must state the type of disability you have and describe how it affects you.
- If you have had study support at another university before, you can also upload a certificate from there.
- In your own words, describe how your disability may affect your studies.
- Check that your application is correct.
- Submit your application electronically.
- Book an appointment with your coordinator to discuss suitable support and adaptations. You are welcome to contact the Ability team if you have any questions.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What happens once my application has been submitted?
Once you have applied, you will meet with your coordinator to discuss suitable support and adaptations. You need to book this appointment yourself, see point 7 above. After your appointment, the coordinator will publish a support decision in NAIS. You will then receive an email and can log in to NAIS to read it.
Your coordinator will contact you if you need to provide any additional information, or if your application is rejected.
Emails are sent to the address you provide in NAIS. Choose an email address you use so you do not miss any important information.
You can contact the Ability team if you need help with your application or have any questions