Canvas - learning platform
Here you will get help getting started with Canvas.
Manuals and videos
Canvas is a user-friendly tool. Take part of the manuals and movies to get started.
- Manuals in Canvas about Canvas
- Video about the interface in Canvas
- Manual about modules in Canvas
- Step-by-Step guides how Canvas Mobile app works
- Log in to Canvas student App as an SLU student
Canvas Student - an App for easier mobile navigation
The interface in Canvas is mobile friendly but if you often use Canvas on your smartphone, there's an app that makes it even easier to navigate Canvas.
What is Canvas?
Canvas is a learning platform, a web-based course environment, consisting of course rooms. The course room can be seen as a virtual classroom and is a good complement to traditional classroom education.
Canvas is a modern learning platform that easily integrates with other systems and services.
Canvas has four features:
- Distributes materials, instructions, links and learning goals.
- Submission of work safely.
- Communication with your teacher and other students in the course.
- Tools for evaluations and examns.
Access to Canvas
All SLU students have access to Canvas. However, the course leader in each course determines whether Canvas will be used in the course. Ask your course leader what applies to your course.
You log in to Canvas with your SLU account from the student web start page.
If you have questions about Canvas or need help, you can contact IT support that is SLU's own IT support.
Contact information for IT support can be seen below.