Requirements and recommendations when entering Sweden during the pandemic

Last changed: 19 August 2021

To be able to enter Sweden for studies during the pandemic, we ask you to read the information below from the Swedish authorities.

Residence permit for studies

If you live in a country outside the EU, you need to apply for a residence permit for studies to enter Sweden. The Swedish Migration Agency is the authority responsible for processing residence permit applications.

Entry requirements

Latest information from The Swedish Police Authority about entry rules during the pandemic.

Recommendations for people entering Sweden from abroad

The Public Health Agency of Sweden has different recommendations about PCR-test and self isolation after arriving in Sweden depending on which country you travel from.