Welcome to a conference organised by the future platform SLU Urban Futures, in collaboration with SLU Movium Think Tank. Together we will explore Living Labs as new formats for research, teaching and collaborations.
“The future of our planet depends on getting our cities right”
Maimunah Mohd Sharif, Executive Director, UN-Habitat
Welcome to Alnarp
Following the first conference at Ultuna Campus this summer, where we looked at transformative change through the lens of sustainable foodscapes, this conference at Alnarp Campus will focus on Living Laboratories as new formats for research, teaching and society interaction. What role can the university campus play in shaping sustainable urban healthscapes; and how can the campus be part of transdisciplinary research for societal change?
5 October - Conference with international speakers
Keynote session 1 will explore the Campus as a Living Lab - perfect places for transdisciplinary science:
- New roles of universities in urban (innovation) environments
Michael Bossert, Research Innovation and Business Development Manager, Concordia University, Montreal
- Towards a Sustainable Campus: developing a living lab landscape for experimentation and co-creation
Tom McDevitt, Project Leader at UULabs, University of Utrecht
- TU-StadtManufaktur platform for Living Labs in Berlin
Anja Steglich, Urban Transformation & Transfer, StadtManufaktur Coordinator, TU Berlin
- Panel with expert presentations
- Sonia Curnier, Postdoctoral Researcher, École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
- Cornelia Redeker, Associate Professor, Umeå School of Architecture
- Annika Herth, PhD candidate, Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management, TU Delft
Keynote session 2 will look at SLU’s Alnarp Campus – a model for outdoor labs and urban healthscapes:
- Developing Alnarp Campus farm model to experimental
Karl Lövrie, Pro Dean at the Faculty of Landscape Architecture,
Horticulture and Crop Production Science (LTV), SLU
- Alnarp Campus as a Living Lab, a starting PhD project
Lisa Diedrich, Tobias Emilsson & Dennis Andreasson, SLU
- Campus Alnarp’s health landscapes: The Garden Lab & Nature
Based Rehabilitation (NaturUnderstödd Rehabilitering)
Sara Kyrö Wissler, Project Manager Campus Development
- Agroecological experiments at Campus Alnarp
Georg Carlsson, Professor at the Department of Biosystems and
- Alnarp Landscape Laboratory: urban woods for urban futures
Björn Wiström, Manager of the Alnarp Landscape Laboratory
Book launch & panel discussion
“Woods go Urban: three decades of experiments with woodlands in Landscape Laboratories”.
Roland Gustavsson, Anders Busse Nielsen, Björn Wiström, Hanna Fors, Henrik Sjöman, Alnarp Lab Team
Moderators: Lisa Diedrich & Catherine Szanto (editors)
Site visits at Alnarp Campus
Parallel site visits and guided tours to Alnarp Landscape Lab and SLU Rehabilitation Garden.
6 October: Study trip to urban woodlands
Stadsskog för framtiden - Design och förvaltning av tätortsnära
The study trip on the 6th October is organised by SLU Movium Think Tank and will be given in Swedish, on the topic of Landscape Laboratories and Urban Woodlands in the South of Sweden. See the programme for more information and register via the event page (click on the red button).