Welcome to a digital panel discussion on the movie ”Picture a scientist” with Jane Willenbring, Stina Powell, Elias Andersson, Natalie Jellinek and Joakim Edsjö. The movie highlights gender and racial inequalities in science through the eyes of three women. The conversation is in English.
Gender equality and equal opportunities are key pillars of SLU. To raise awareness of these issues, the SLU Research School Organism Biology, in collaboration with the SLU University Library as well as the equal opportunities committee at the NJ and VH faculties, invites you to attend a digital panel discussion on and around the movie ”Picture a scientist”. The movie highlights gender and racial inequalities in science through the eyes of three women.
The members of the panel are:
- Jane Willenbring (University of Stanford, Geological Sciences; one of the three featured scientists in the film),
- Stina Powell (SLU, Department of Urban and Rural Development),
- Elias Andersson (SLU, Department of Forest Resource Management),
- Natalie Jellinek (SLU, Educational Development Unit)
- Joakim Edsjö (Stockholm University, Department of Physics).
The movie is available to all staff members and students at SLU: "”Picture a scientist”".
You can read more about the film and watch the trailer at www.pictureascientist.com.
Do you have questions for the panel? Please go to the digital whiteboard in Padlet and post your question (anonymously) before Monday the 20th September.
Are you a student (bachelor, master or doctorate level) at SLU? Don’t miss out on the hour-long pre-discussion with Jane Willenbring!
See you there!