The Ph. D. course Statistics IV: Generalized Linear Models, 4 hp, will be given in Uppsala.
Statistics III: Regression Analysis or equivalent.
Objective, including learning outcomes
The objective of the course is to give an overview of generalized linear models. On completion of the course, the student will be able to:
• specify generalized linear models including conditions and assumptions
• select an appropriate linear model for a given problem
• carry out an analysis based on a generalized linear model in the statistical software R or SAS
• interpret and evaluate results correctly and draw reasonable conclusions
• clearly and concisely communicate results and conclusions
The course will cover the following topics:
• Binomial and multinomial logistic regression
• Poisson regression
• Overdispersion and zero-inflation.
• Generalized linear models and generalized linear mixed models.