The Ph.D. course will be given in Umeå 10-25 February 2020.
Admitted to a postgraduate program, as well as a basic course in basic R programming (equivalent to the course Basic R programming (course code). The course is suitable for all graduate students.
Advanced course, aimed at students with basic R knowledge.
This advanced course in R programming aims atgiving in-depth knowledge in advanced R programming and to develop the student’s skills in writing R functions and efficient scripts for solving complex applications. The course focus on writing R functions, efficient data manipulation, and advanced plot.
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- write advanced R functions,
- advanced data manipulation like reshape data, merge data,
- use advanced plot package, and
- - perform data analysis on different topics.
The course offered a combination of lectures, computer exercises and self-study.
The lectures provide an overview of the following topics:
- R functions in depth: parameters, return values, variable scope
- Extract data from function output
- Advanced data manipulation
- Advanced R graphics: ggplot2
- A group of useful packages
The lectures are followed by computer exercises where the students either work on material provided by the lecturer, or work on their own statistical material.