Our internships in Ireland offer hands-on learning, cutting-edge tech exposure, and a chance to immerse yourself in a new country while getting practical experience in your area of study.
Application deadline: 2024-09-01
We accept interns year round and offer placements on the following farm types:
- Tillage (depending on experience & time of year)
Why Should You Apply?
- Hands-On Learning: Imagine learning about sustainable farming practices, crop management, and livestock care first-hand from experienced professionals. Our internships offer practical, hands-on experience that textbooks simply can't match.
- Innovation and Technology: Ireland is at the forefront of agricultural innovation. Here, you'll get the chance to work with cutting-edge technology, agricultural machinery, and precision farming techniques, giving you a competitive edge in the industry.
- Financial Support: We understand the value of your hard work. That's why these internships come with a weekly stipend and also the opportunity to avail from Erasmus+ funding.
- Cultural Immersion: Experience the warmth of Irish hospitality, immerse yourself in local traditions, and explore the breath-taking landscapes of Ireland during your free time. All our internships come with accommodation included which will either be with the host or living independently close by (varies per farm). There are costs involved, however we do offer discounts on group applications. The more who apply for the same start date, the greater the discount for all.
Irish Agricultural Internships was set up in 2019 with 2 goals in mind. 1) To address the growing labour shortage on Irish farms by supplying short term support in the form of interns. 2) To provide students of agriculture, or agriculture related disciplines, the opportunity to advance their skills and obtain practical skills and knowledge from modern Irish farmers. IAI survived the pandemic and welcomed our first two interns in 2021. In 2022 we welcomed 5 more and in 2023 we had our busiest year yet where we welcomed 11 interns as well as branching out the business to now offer full time Farm Labourer and Farm Manager positions to those with the right experience. 2024 in gearing up to be our biggest year to date with an expected 20+ interns coming to the Emerald Isle as well as full time positions filling up fast.