Agricultural Science for business agronomists
Additional course evaluations for LB0086
Academic year 2020/2021Agricultural Science for business agronomists (LB0086-40084) 2021-03-24 - 2021-06-06
Academic year 2019/2020Agricultural Science for business agronomists (LB0086-40078) 2020-03-25 - 2020-06-07
Academic year 2018/2019Agricultural Science for business agronomists (LB0086-40126) 2019-03-26 - 2019-06-09
Academic year 2017/2018Agricultural Science for business agronomists (LB0086-40044) 2018-03-21 - 2018-06-03
Academic year 2016/2017Agricultural Science for business agronomists (LB0086-40024) 2017-03-22 - 2017-06-04
LB0086 Agricultural Science for business agronomists, 15.0 CreditsLantbruksvetenskap för ekonomagronomer
Education cycleBachelor’s level
|Test in food science||3.00||1005|
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, entry requirements only from upper secondary school(G1N)
Prior knowledgeKnowledge equivalent to general entry requirements and equivalent specific entry requirements according to field-specific entry requirements 3:
Social studies A
Science B (or Fy A, Ke A, Bi A that replaces Na A+B)
Or specific entry requirements according to field-specific entry requirements A3:
Mathematics 3 b or mathematics 3c
Social Studies 1b or social studies 1a1 + 1a2
ObjectivesThe course intends to provide the students in the agronomist programme in business administration and economics knowledge of and an understanding of the agrarian sector with respect to the preconditions, functions and interaction with the surrounding society.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Describe at a general level biological and ecological preconditions for plant cultivation, and how these influence the plant cultivation at different locations and how different measures try to bridge geographical limitations.
- Recognise important cultivated plants, tasks, needs for machinery and their possible environmental impact within plant cultivation.
- Describe basic biological differences between different important production animals in the agriculture that influences what at a general level they are used to and which requirements are set on feeding and maintenance and ethical aspects on animal husbandry.
- Describe important practices in the animal husbandry at a general level.
- Describe at a general level the Swedish food industry and international actors and food labels.
- Be familiar with industrial processes and hygienic aspects in the food industry at a general level and with the requirements that they set on agriculture.
- Describe at a general level preconditions (social, cultural, economic) for rural development.
- Describe at a general level aspects of the history of the rural area (the landscape, historical resources)
-know and describe the most important institutions in Sweden for rural and agricultural policy.
ContentAt lectures, seminars, project work and exercises, the economics of the agriculture is treated, resources, methods - including technology - for production of goods (production animals, plants, foodstuffs), and these products’ controlled breeding with a focus on Swedish conditions.
Formats and requirements for examinationThe aim of the course is examined through written examination and approved participation in compulsory components.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.