The course evaluation is now closed
Once the evaluation is closed, the course coordinator and student representative have 1 month to draft their comments. The comments will be published in the evaluation report.
Additional course evaluations for BI1250
Academic year 2020/2021
2021-03-24 - 2021-05-02
Academic year 2019/2020
2020-03-25 - 2020-04-30
Academic year 2018/2019
2019-03-26 - 2019-05-02
Academic year 2017/2018
2018-03-21 - 2018-04-26
Academic year 2016/2017
2017-03-22 - 2017-06-04
BI1250 Cell Biology, 7.5 CreditsCellbiologi
Education cycleBachelor’s level
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, has less than 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements(G1F)
Prior knowledgeThe equivalent of 7,5 credits Biochemistry.
ObjectivesThe aim of the course is to give basic knowledge and laboratory training in cell biology.
After completing the course the student will be able to:
- describe the cell structure, function and regulatory mechanisms
- describe key concepts in molecular cell biology
- know the main cell biology laboratory methods
- use basic laboratory techniques in cell biology
ContentThe course gives basic knowledge in cell biology and laboratory training in cellbiological methods.
Lectures and group excerises address:
- cells and their components
- biological membranes
- transport across membranes
- extracellular environment
- cell proliferation
- cell differentiation and tissue formation
- cell communication
- stem cells and cloning
Laborations deal with key cell biological methods.
Formats and requirements for examinationPassed written exams. Attendance of obligatory activities and approved presentation of compulsory elements, including laboratory reports.
The compulsory moments consists of introduction lecture, laboratory work with following discussions and group exercises.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Department of Plant Biology
- Essential Cell Biology, fifth edition Författare: Alberts Bruce et al. [Essential Cell Biology, fifth edition] (https://www.adlibris.com/se/bok/essential-cell-biology-9780393680393) Kommentar: Det går bra att följa kursen även med den fjärde upplagan av boken.