Erasmus trainee University of natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
The Center for International Relations is BOKU's service department for International Affairs. Its aim is to facilitate and foster international contacts for the benefit of students, faculty and friends of the university alike. As a service to the international community, it provides information about BOKU in different languages.
DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITIES
- [N.B. The working language of the office is German.]
- General office work mostly in German/English, but also other languages (telephone, e-mail, post,...)
- Event management: preparation, logistics, support on the day.
- Proofreading and translation
- Preparation and checking of documents (related to student exchange programmes)
- Basic student advice
- Guest assistance and support
- Updating online database, updating homepage (CMS)
- Filing documents (applications, library,...)
- Internet research
Placement starts December 2018/ January 2019 (duration: 3 to 6 months)
WORKING HOURS PER WEEK – FULL TIME
30 hours a week, working hours on agreement.
HELP WITH FINDING ACCOMODATION
We can help you to find a room in a student residence or apartment.
PAYMENT OR OTHER BENEFITS
BOKU will pay a financial contribution of € 280 per month and will provide you with tickets for public transportation in Vienna.
In our office we offer different language classes in which you can participate for free if you wish.
Please inquire about e.g. an Erasmus+ traineeship grant or national scholarship at the international office of your home university.
ORAL AND WRITTEN LANGUAGE SKILLS
Good command of German and English (equivalent to level B2 or above)
- Computer literate – Microsoft packages
- Experienced in office work
- Able to work in a team and individually
- A quick learner who is accurate and reliable
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
Please send your CV and letter of motivation (stating your preferred dates of beginning and ending of the internship) via email to:
Application period: September 1
st to September 30th, 2018
The placement email address will only be checked during this period!