The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce in Los Angeles (SACC-LA) is looking for a self-motivated and driven intern, focused on Event planning, for a 6 month internship starting in July 2020. SACC-LA is the #1 preferred network in Los Angeles, "The Entertainment Capital of the World". Our mission is to create an effective network that enables innovative and creative exchange and enhance business opportunities between Swedish and American companies and individual talents in the Los Angeles area. For us it is equally important to build strong relations with our members, as it is to actively search for new members that can expand and add value to our network.
PR & Communication Marketing Manager Internship Fall 2020
Gain international experience and kickstart your career with practical training in the U.S.
As a PR & Communication Marketing Manager at SACC-LA, you will collaborate closely with the Board of Directors, who are all well-established within creative and innovative industries and knows how to navigate in LA. This internship gives a unique opportunity to build an extensive network, engage in managerial work and perform strategically important tasks while partaking in effective teamwork.
In your role you will have responsibilities vital for the daily operations. Duties and responsibilities: Tasks the PR & Communication Marketing Manager will be working on are (but are not limited to):
- Newsletter: Editor for SACC-LA’s weekly newsletter Finally Friday with around 4,000 subscribers. Includes responsibility for designing the outline, deciding topics and visual presentations, writing articles, delegate workload to the other team members, as well as proof-reading.
- Social Media: Create a social media strategy and content for SACC-LA’s social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube and Vimeo).
- Overall Communication: Making sure that all external communication is in line with SACC-LA’s communication strategy and graphical guidelines.
- Website: Responsible web editor, updating and managing the SACC-LA website.
- Events: Support the team in creating and carrying out events together with SACC-LA members, partners and sponsors.
- Membership Maintenance and Recruitment: Keep a close relationship and serve SACC-LA’s existing members, as well as continuously extend the network by recruiting new members.