The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce in Los Angeles (SACC-LA) is looking for a self-motivated and driven intern, focused on Event planning, for a 6 month internship starting in July 2020. SACC-LA is the #1 preferred network in Los Angeles, "The Entertainment Capital of the World". Our mission is to create an effective network that enables innovative and creative exchange and enhance business opportunities between Swedish and American companies and individual talents in the Los Angeles area. For us it is equally important to build strong relations with our members, as it is to actively search for new members that can expand and add value to our network.
Finance & Accounting Marketing Manager Internship Fall 2020
Gain international experience and kickstart your career with practical training in the U.S.
As a Finance & Accounting Marketing Manager at SACC-LA, you will collaborate closely with the Board of Directors, who are all well-established within creative and innovative industries and knows how to navigate in LA.
This internship gives a unique opportunity to build an extensive network, engage in managerial work and perform strategically important tasks while partaking in effective teamwork.
In your role you will have responsibilities vital for the daily operation:
- Accounting and Treasury: Handle the accounting (using Quickbooks) of SACC-LA, including events, membership dues, sponsor dues etc. Please observe, accounting will be carried out in English, following the US-based accounting system.
- Financial Duties: Invoicing membership dues and following up on late payments. Handle bank accounts, debit cards and checkbook, along with administrative duties. Also, together with the event coordinator create budgets for SACC-LA’s events to ensure profitability.
- Report: Collaborate with the CFO to ensure a long-term financial strategy for SACC-LA. Prepare reports of current balance and other finance related information for board meetings.
- Membership Maintenance and Recruitment: Keep a close relationship and serve SACC-LA’s existing members, as well as continuously extend the network by recruiting new members. Keep membership database updated and manage CRM system.
- Sponsorship: Handle and build long-term sponsorship efforts with potential sponsors and negotiate sponsorship deals. Be responsible for monitoring and making sure sponsorship deals are followed through.
- Newsletter: Write short articles for SACC-LA’s weekly newsletter, with a focus on highlighting members. Also, do proof-reading of articles together with the rest of the team.
- Events: Support the team in creating and carrying out events together with SACC-LA members, partners and sponsors.