We are a food tech start-up that set out with the purpose to bring healthier, tastier and more sustainable food to the many people. As a first step on this long journey we build indoor vertical farms which are operated in a completely controlled environment with artificial light, no pesticides and minimal water consumption. We will supply super-fresh, hyper-local, ultra-tasty produce to consumers in the Nordics and beyond. You might call it the future of farming. We call it post-organic food production.
Chief Data Officer to ambitious food tech start-up in Stockholm
We are looking for a person with a drive to use all the possibilities of IoT and Big Data to transform the food production system as we know it. Experience is highly valued, as are dedication and drive.
UrbanOasis is a well-capitalized start-up looking for a star to help pioneer indoor vertical farming in Scandinavia and beyond. As part of moving the company from the pilot stage to a large-scale, we see you as a key member of our core team.
At UrbanOasis we are accelerating the transition towards sustainable food production; for healthy people and a healthy planet. Our vision is to build a decentralized network of indoor vertical farms that supply the freshest, tastiest and most sustainable greens all year round. Our greens are grown vertically in a completely closed system with artificial lighting, minimal water consumption, no soil and of course totally free from pesticides. You might call it the future of farming. We call it post-organic food production.
We do not offer employment, we offer purpose. You will join our management team as an equal partner and responsible Chief Data Officer (CDO). As CDO, you will establish the company's data/SW vision and build a truly scalable software platform. We know great things can happen when cross-breeding salad and data.
You can expect talented, driven and unconventional co-workers. Your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership. UrbanOasis recognizes the importance of gender balance in its management team. Personal fit within the core team is of utmost importance.
You will be responsible for:
- establishing our long-term software and data farming vision
- building a truly scalable and integrated software platform
- collecting, organizing and utilizing all our farming data
- finding new ways to apply machine learning and AI for improved crop growth
- bringing software and hardware into harmony
- shaping our future data team
- many more things besides data and software
We are pretty sure that you:
- have top-notch communication skills in English and good command of Swedish
- have a background in data science/ software engineering (MSc/ PhD)
- have prior experience in building SW platforms (e.g. Node.js & React)
- know how to translate real world challenges into code
- have a passion for sustainability and foodtech, and are full of ideas
- understand the value and challenges of team work; are willing to take responsibility and ownership; are proactive and able to work independently
- are not afraid of hands-on work in the farm operations
- questioning the status quo and never take no for an answer
If you dream about farming alongside us, tell us what makes you the perfect fit, attach your CV and send everything to: email@example.com