Tips from the student webb
Here we give you some tips on how you can make your studies easier with the help of your computer. We give you tips on how to get more out of the student web and the digital support SLU can give you.
Once you have logged in to the student web, you will see, among other things which courses you are enrolled and registered to in the box labeled My courses. The names are linked to the course pages. The information from the course pages (Slunik) have now moved in to the student web which let you see most of the information about your courses in one place.
Get text messages from your courses
To receive text messages from the courses that you are registered at you need to type in your mobile number in Ladok Student.
If you have registred your mobile number, the IT support will be able to send you information about your student IT account by text message, if needed.
Rooms - Kronox
SLU's local booking system is called Kronox. You can use the system as a student to see when rooms are available and which local bookings are available for your particular courses.
Now we try to do the entire schedule in Kronox. Our vision is that all courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level will be able to see their schedules in Kronox.
The student web has three logins to access full functionality.
- The starting page on the student web
- The functions you reach are the My courses.
- If you are logged on to a student computer, you do not have to enter your username and password to log onto the starting page. You only have to to click on the Login button.
- Fronter and My courses
- Have you logged into Fronter you are also logged into My courses and vice versa.
- You do not need to log on to the starting page of the student web to log onto Fronter or My courses. You can click directly on the links to get further.
- You do not need to log on to the starting page and then then log into webmail. You can click directly on the link to get further.
We know that this is an annoyance to many students and we see whether there is any solution to the problem.
Reading e-mail on your phone
We do not offer forwarding email to your private email. However, you can choose to check your emails on your phone if you have an Android phone or an I-phone. To do that, read more on the page about e-mail in your mobile.
Virtual Study Room
Now is your chance to try a new useful service - Virtual Study Room. By connecting to the university's wireless network, you get access SLU:s standard, documents and files on your own computer, tablet or phone. That way you don´t have to wait for a free place in the computer room. Learn more about Virtual Study Room.