ELLS Scientific Student Conference 15-16 November
Last week, ELLS Scientific Student Conference took place at Campus Ultuna. At the conference, students from several international top universities in Life Science competed with their degree projects.
- I think it is very interesting how reserach is conducted in other parts of the world on the same subject. At this conference everything is about sustainability and I am very eager to learn more about how other students work in this field, says Luka Blankevoort from Wageningen University.
Her thesis is about how to translate environmental sustainability of food by the use of a label that she has invented. She hopes that her innovation can be implemented in Europe in the not too far remote future. This conference can help with her vision.
- Talking with students from all over Europe is really contributing because we can exchange ideas and work together for further cooperation.
Over 200 students attended the conference. The prizes were awarded in four categories:
- The future use of natural resources
- Green entrepreneurship
- Solutions for an urban ecosystem
- Innovations in the food chain
Here are the winners
Solutions for an urban ecosystem
Oral presentation: Damien Veiga Löffel, Science
Poster: Alysha Vehre, UHOH
Oral presentation: Daniela Schaetzel, UHOH
Poster: Johana Šimčíková, CZU
Innovations in the food chain
Oral presentatioen: Lucie Svadbíkovám, CZU
Poster: Miek Schlange, WUR
The future use of natural resources
Oral presentation: Sebastian Hinderer, UHOH
Poster: Louise Bonnier, WUR