Accommodation in Umeå
While there are several companies that provide accommodation in Umeå, only AB Bostaden and BAB Fastigheter have housing specifically for students. Their contact details, along with those of other accommodation companies in Umeå, can be found below:
AB Bostaden i Umeå, www.bostaden.umea.se +46 (0)90-17 75 00
BAB Fastigheter, Balticgruppen Bostad AB +46 (0)90-77 2610
Brattbyföretagen +46 (0)70-541 42 43
HSB i Umeå +46 (0)90-15 38 00
Hörnefors fastighetsägare i samverkan +46 (0)930-208 80
KFUM:s elevhem +46 (0)90-12 14 98
Lerstenen Fastighets AB +46 (0)90-14 25 40
Lumaf AB +46 (0)90-71 58 00
NCC Fastigheter AB +46 (0)90-16 80 00
Norrporten +46 (0)90-70 05 50
Riksbyggen +46 (0)90-15 96 00
Team Öhman Fastigheter AB +46 (0)90-77 92 29
Tegs Bostäder AB +46 (0)70-696 30 77
MaTob AB (Housing for students in Holmsund) +46 (0)70-582 09 34
Temporary accommodation in Umeå can be arranged and student discounts may apply. Please contact the following companies for further information:
1st Camp Umeå
1st Camp Umeå is situated by Lake Nydala, north of Umeå. For a student discount please have your CSN or MECENAT card on hand. You can contact them on +46-90 702 600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Umeå’s YMCA Hostel is located in the city centre and has accommodation starting at SEK 170/night or SEK 3000/month for a bed in a shared room. To receive a student discount please have your CSN or MECENAT card on hand. You can contact them on +46-90-18 57 18 or email@example.com.
Check list for cleaning when moving out from AB Bostaden
- Walls: vacuum wall-papered walls, wash painted walls.
- Ceilings: wash with a damp clothFloors, skirting boards and thresholds, clean
- Windows: Take apart windows and clean the windowpanes on both sides.
- Carpentry around windows and window sills: Clean with a soft sponge or cloth.
- Radiators and air regulators: Clean with something wet and soap.
- Lightning: Remove glass lampshades and clean and dry.
- Electricity sockets and switches: Clean carefully with a damp cloth. WARNING! Do not use water as this can carry electricity.
- Wardrobes, cupboards and drawers include shelves and pullout baskets: Clean inside and out.
- Cabinet doors: Clean with a soft sponge or damp cloth.
- Bed and padded furniture: wipe and vacuum.
- Clean all the shelves you used and empty out everything from it. And the same in fridge and freezer.
- Tiles: Remove soap and lime deposits. Use the anti-lime agent available in portions packs.
- Toilet: Clean carefully inside and outside.
- Wash basin: Clean carefully inside and outside, including the drain. Clean the tap until it shines! And also clean the drain.
- Bath/shower: Clean inside and out also the taps with bath remove the front panel so you can clean under it. Also the floor drain. If you have shower clean taps and the walls and wash the shower curtain. Also the floor drain.
- Bathroom cabinet and mirrors: Clean out the cupboard and polish the mirror.
- Lamps: Remove lose shades and clean them.
- Floor and ceiling: Remove soap and lime deposits.
- Storage: Empty out, vacuum and clean out
- Balcony: Remove wooden floor if there is one and clean balcony floor. And empty from trash.
Book inspection time at: firstname.lastname@example.org in good time before moving out.
The inspection should be done close as possible that you are leaving.
Akutrumsförmedlingen (the Emergency Housing Office)
If you cannot find accommodation you are welcome to contact Umeå’s Emergency Housing Office for assistance. They act as a mediator for newly accepted university students and a number of landlords in Umeå. Akutrumsförmedlingen can discuss different accommodation options with you, and may help you find a room in a shared apartment or house.
Akutrumsförmedlingen is located at the YMCA-office (KFUM) in the city centre and is commissioned by the local government in Umeå. You can find more information on their website. To contact them call +46 (0)90-786 90 32, email email@example.com, or visit them at Umeå studentkår, Lindellhallen in Samhällsvetarhuset.
Nov 11th, Nov 24th, Dec 8th, Dec 22nd
Thursdays 10.00 - 15.00
closed for lunch 11.30-12.30
Please note that you will need to be accepted as a student in Umeå and hold a current residence permit before Akutrumsförmedlingen can assist you.